Tom Hixson of Smithfield
Tom Hixson of Smithfield
Data Processor and Customer Support Officer.
At Tom Hixson, we want to source the world’s finest meats and proteins to plates of client across the country. We are working to try and develop a unique food brand that people trust to deliver great tasting meat “wholesale gourmet”. We want to be our customers trusted partner in delivering quality dishes to their table.
Founded over 40 years ago, Tom Hixson of Smithfield is now a 3rd generation business which has seen strong growth in the last 6 years, working with some of the most renowned restaurants, retailers and caterers across the country. This is a fast-paced business servicing hundreds of outlets every day through either our shop in the historic Smithfield Market, through our wholesale depot or our website www.tomhixson.co.uk. Our supplier network reaches across the world enabling us to supply a unique portfolio of 100s of products, creating thousands of opportunities for the business to grow.
We are in the process of restructuring our customer liaison department and input procedures, and are looking for an experienced data processor and customer service administrator. This person will have to be able to start at 4am working as a part of a small team to ensure all orders and stock intakes are input onto our intact system correctly, as well as dealing with customer queries and questions. This is a duel role working in both the warehouse and office. The chosen candidate will be expected to have a keen eye for detail. An understanding of the meat trade or the hospitality industry would be a bonus.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Process orders accurately
- Support the stock management function
- Maintaining customer records
- Updating key accounts records
- Supporting the accounts, operations and customer liaison departments.
- Up sell and Increase existing client accounts
- Report and data management
- 3-4 am start
- Ability to take ownership across a variety of tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident dealing with people at all levels
- Great attention to detail
- Can work independently under limited supervision
- Experience in other data roles is desired but not key.
Our company values:
We are currently in an exciting period of growth, and we foster a culture where everyone works hard, aims high and supports each other across the whole business.
INTEGRITY – we are honest with each other and with our clients. We are their trusted partner
VALUE – we pursue what is valuable to our clients
COMMITMENT – we always do what we say we’ll do and support the rest of the team when needed
INNOVATION – we continually look for ways to improve what we do
Training and development:
We provide extensive training opportunities. This includes:
- Full induction
- Introduction to our CRM and website platforms
- We look to provide development opportunities for all team members in line with their capabilities and aspirations where we are able.
We will only accept applications with a cover letter. Please email Tom Hixson email@example.com with your application.